A controversial content is information that causes disagreement in opinions and may cause the disruption of peace because different people or culture will have different views
ISSUES ON CONTROVERSIAL CONTENTS
The issues on controversial contents are always focusing on pornography and slander. Malaysia considers pornography and slander as illegal.
Pornography Creative activity (writing or pictures or films etc.) of no literary or artistic value other than to stimulate sexual desire.
Slander Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
A false and malicious statement or report about someone.
DEFINITION OF PORNOGRAPHY
The definition of pornography is any form of media or material (like books or photographs) that depicts erotic behaviour and is intended to cause sexual excitement.
Pornography tends to exploit men, women and children in a distasteful manner.
Slander is another example of controversial content.
Slander is a legal term for false and malicious statement (meaning knowing that it is false, or “reckless disregard” that it was false) about someone.
You wrote an e-mail that a fellow classmate was having an affair with a teacher, even though it was not true. You then sent it to five other friends.
IMPACTS ON MALAYSIAN SOCIETY
• can lead to criminal acts such as exploitation of women and children
• can lead to sexual addiction or perversion
• can develop low moral value towards other men, women or children
• can erode good religious, cultural and social beliefs and behaviour
• can develop into a society that disregards honesty and truth
• can develop bad habit of spreading untruths and rumours
• can lead to unnecessary argument
• can cause people to have negative attitudes towards another person