Today, most schools and higher educational institutions have computers in the classroom for teacher and students. In education, teachers, students, researchers and school administrators benefits from the usage of ICT.
1. Teachers use computers to research for teaching materials, participate in online forums and online conferences as well as to aid their teaching.
2. Students use the computers as a reference tool. They use computers to browse the Internet to look for information.
3. School administrators use computers for administrative purposes to make sure that the entire operation runs smoothly.
The computer is the nerve centre of the banking system around the world. It functions to control the entire banking system that also includes 'Electronic Banking Services'. Electronic banking provides 24 hour services. The services include :
• Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
• Cheque Deposit
• Electronic Fund Tranfer
• Direct Deposit
• Pay by phone system
• Personal computer banking/ internet banking
In the banking sector, customers, businessman and bank administrator benefits from the usage of ICT.
1. Customers can make any transactions at the 24 hour service centres or via online.These services allow them to do transaction at anytime they want.
2. Businessmen can save their time by using the online services offered by banks. They can access company accounts for loan applications, business transactions and update on their cash flow at any time.
3. Bank administrators can oversee the entire banking activities such as reconciliations, inter-branch transactions (IBT), telegraphic
transfer and others by referring to the banking system.
Computers are used to facilitate production planning and control systems, to support chain management and to help in product design in the industrial sector In the industrial sector ,workers, researchers and administrator benefits from the usage of ICT.
1. Workers use machines that are connected to computers to operate. In some productions, robots are used to take over jobs that are dangerous to the workers.
2. Researchers use computers to analyze and collect research data for future reference.
3. Administrators use computers to oversee the entire operations in the plant or factory to detect specific errors or defects that occurred in the process.
E-commerce helps in boosting the economy. It makes buying and selling activities easier, more efficient and faster. For this application, computers, Internet and shared software are needed.
In the e-commerce sector ,customers r, suppliers and employees benefits from the usage of ICT.
1. Customers use computers to be connected online with suppliers to purchase products. This method can save time and cost as they do not have to go to any outlets.
2. Suppliers use computers to keep track of their transactions. All products are bar coded and can be read by the computer scanner to help in determining prices and managing inventory.
4. Employees use computers and telephones to communicate with their customers for any enquiries. The system helps employees to get the latest updates on inventory to be informed to the customers.