1. A system is an arrangement of elements that when it is put together it becomes an organized and established procedure. A system typically consists of components connected together in order to facilitate the flow of information, matter or energy.
2. A computer system consists of a set of hardware and software which processes data in a meaningful way.
• education is the science of teaching and learning of specific skills
• it also imparts knowledge, good judgment and wisdom
BANKING BEFORE ICT
• banking was done manually by taking deposits directly
• transactions can only be made during working hours
• takes time to approve any loan applications
BANKING WITH ICT
• all transactions are done by computers
• transaction can be done at anytime and place
• online services, phone banking system, credit cards are available
INDUSTRY BEFORE ICT
Production was slow because everything was done manually and totally depended on human labor.
INDUSTRY WITH ICT
Computers and telecommunications industry became very popular and profitable since production can be increased through an all day operation
Commerce is an activity of exchanging, buying and selling of commodities on a large scale involving transportation from place to place
COMMERCE BEFORE ICT
• Trading was made using the barter system and it was then later developed into currency.
• Advertisement was in the form of word of mouth, billboards and printed flyers.
• Trading globally was extremely slow, late and expensive. Traders had to find ways to market local products in the global market
COMMERCE WITH ICT
E-commerce plays an important role in the economic scene. It includes distribution, buying, selling and servicing products that are done electronically.